Supervise engineering/maintenance staff. Administrative and direct full range of engineering activities. Ensures that the facility and facility equipment is operating and is constantly in well-maintained condition. Operate and maintain mechanical equipment such as generators, motors, boilers, chillers, and HVAC equipment. Maintain electrical systems, lighting fixtures, and electrical components of machinery and equipment. Install temporary utilities as events dictate.
- Successfully operate and maintain utility systems to include, but not limited to, the heating, cooling, water and electrical systems at the facility.
- Coordinate the repair, maintenance, and preventative maintenance of the utility systems of the facility.
- Initiate, coordinate, and supervise a comprehensive preventative maintenance program for the facility and equipment.
- Schedule, select, train, evaluate, and discipline subordinate staff in accordance with Company policies.
- Estimate actual and labor costs for work performed, determine maintenance priorities and assure that work is carried out with a high degree of efficiency and proficiency.
- Establish and maintain tool and repair parts inventory.
- Perform General Repairs on the building. (I.E. Drywall & Paint patches, pluming maintenance & repairs. PVC & Copper)
- Assure that all work is performed and plant is maintained in accordance with State, County and City codes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 -3 years experience in a convention center, hotel, hospital or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Knowledge of computer applications including Word, Excel, and Access is preferred.
- Ability to lift 50lbs and climb stairs.
- Knowledge of boom lifts, scissor lifts and fork lifts.
- Possess a valid Utah driver license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is
Weber County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To request an accommodation or for technical assistance please call us at 801-399-8623