This position is responsible for providing a high quality catering service for banquets and receptions, and to achieve full client/customer satisfaction and retention by providing superior customer service.
- Report to work on-time and in proper uniform.
- Follows individual and specific direction for each event, as directed by the Banquet Manager and/or Food & Beverage Director.
- Assists in collecting/preparing all banquet equipment, to include: flatware, china, glassware, and serving pieces needed for each event.
- Assists in preparing dish garnishes, beverages, condiments, breads, etc.
- Assists in cleaning and filling salt and pepper containers, sugar dishes, creamers, etc.
- Assists in banquet preparation and set-up of the banquet event room when necessary.
- Prepares tables with place settings, as directed by the Banquet Manager and/or Food & Beverage Director.
- Attends pre-function meetings for briefing of event details.
- Provides friendly and courteous customer service at all times.
- Remains at assigned station and perform duties as assigned according to each event.
- Breaks down tables and banquet equipment after each event.
- Cleans and returns serving pieces to proper storage areas.
- Assists in Concession operations for Peery’s Egyptian Theater
- Adheres to grooming standards and policies of Weber County & Ogden Eccles Conference Center.
- Performs other suited duties as assigned.
1 to 2 years previous banquet experience preferred.
YOUR SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent customer service and communications skills required.
- Must be able to read, understand and execute the banquet event orders.
- Able to effectively and efficiently work in a fast-paced, customer focused environment.
- Able to work both day & night shifts.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job you may be required to hear, speak, write, use hands, fingers, stand, kneel, walk up and down stairs in a quick manner. The employee must also frequently lift 25-50 pounds.
Weber County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To request an accommodation or for technical assistance please call us at 801-399-8623