If your vehicle is registered in Utah, but temporarily located outside of the State, you may request an emissions deferral from the Department in order to renew your vehicle registration. This can be done by completing the application below and submitting the supporting documents that verify the vehicle is currently located outside the State. This is a “web-based” process, all supporting documents must be in PDF format and less than 10MB in file size. The vehicle must pass an emissions inspection within 10 days of its return to Utah.
LOCATED WITHIN 60 MILES OF A JURISDICTION WITH EMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
If the vehicle is located within 60 miles of an area where emissions inspections are required, you MUST obtain, and attach a copy of the emissions certificate from that program (passing test) along with the application below. To determine how to obtain an emissions test in another state, please visit www.obdclearinghouse.com/IMSolutions:
- Select "I/M Jurisdiction Report in the gray bar.
- Select the state and jurisdiction in which the vehicle is located.
- Select "Generate State Report."
- Scroll down to "Contact Information:
- Contact the program administration and follow instructions to obtain an emissions certificate.
JURISDICTION WITHOUT EMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS (MORE THAN 60 MILES)
If the vehicle is located more than 60 miles from an area where emissions inspections are NOT required, you must provide one of the following documents as evidence that the vehicle is located out of state:
- A completed VIN Verification Form. Utah Out of State Vehicle Verification Form
- Active Military Orders showing location.
- Valid School Parking Permit.
*DO NOT SEND PAYMENTS FOR REGISTRATION TO THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT*
If you have any questions, please contact the Weber-Morgan Health Department by phone at 801-399-7140 or by
email at email@example.com
VEHICLE OWNER INFORMATION
OUT OF STATE ADDRESS