Miradi transition to Frontier
Weber County has transitioned to a new project management tool replacing the function of Miradi. Frontier, the new project management tool, can be found at frontier.co.weber.ut.us.
If you had an account in Miradi you will have an account in Frontier. All you need to do is reset your password to your account.
Weber County Planning, Engineering, and Building Inspections
It is our function to provide the engineering services, support, and management needed in the maintenance, design, and implementation of Weber County's roads, bridges, storm water facilities, utilities, and other related public infrastructure. In conjunction with this purpose, we provide engineering support and resources to all county departments and citizens. Through these services, we work to maintain or improve our public health and safety, infrastructure quality, value, function, and our environment.
Functions We Perform
Production & management of plans, drawings, contracts & specifications, cost estimates, construction projects, environmental reports, and traffic surveys as needed for county storm water projects, road building and improvements, facilities and buildings, bridge replacement, and other related county infrastructure.
Review of proposed development plans for adherence to local codes, design standards, and ordinances. These local codes and standards deal with utility placement and availability, irrigation easements, storm water runoff, road improvement, and other infrastructure improvements.
Management and distribution of applications for construction and use type permits including excavation and special events permits. We also manage and distribute business licenses and Weber County's aerial imagery.
Provide continuous assistance to County citizens, contractors, consultants, and other public agencies concerning land and municipal engineering issues.
As a public service, the Engineering Department will provide you with the following information upon request:
1) The approximate location of the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) as shown on the current Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) for Weber County. (Flood Maps)
2) Additional flood insurance data for a site, such as the FIRM Zone, the Base Flood Elevation (BFE) or depth, if shown on the FIRM.
3) Handouts on the mandatory flood insurance purchase requirement that applies to people who are getting a federally-backed mortgage or loan for a property in the SFHA.
4) Access to Elevation Certificates that have been processed in Weber County if they exist for a certain property are available through our GRAMA request program.
5) We have copies of Letters of Map Amendment (LOMA) and Letters of Map Revision (LOMR) on file in our office.
6) We can also provide you with information on historical flooding, sheet flow data, and information on the natural function of the floodplain.
- Elevation Certificate Form
- Excavation Permit - PDF
- Floodplain Development Permit - PDF
- Home Occupation Business License Application - PDF
- Regular Business License Application - PDF
- Storm Sewer Discharge Permit - PDF
- Stormwater Construction Activity Permit - PDF
- Weber County Request for Records - PDF