Weber County Treasurer - Duties of the Treasurer
Duties of the Treasurer
Responsibilites of the Weber County Treasurer's Office staff include:
- Bill and collect Real Property Taxes.
- Distribute taxes to Taxing Entities.
- Process refunds of overpaid property taxes.
- Publish a listing of delinquent taxes on an annual basis.
- Invest County funds.
- Receipt and deposit funds from various County departments.
The Weber County Treasurer does not:
- Levy the property tax.
- Determine the market value of property.
- Determine the tax rate(s).
- Bill or collect Personal Property Taxes.
- Make determinations regarding appeals of property values.