What is CodeRED?
The Public safety agencies of Weber County are using CodeRED, a high-speed mass notification system to keep you safe in the event of an emergency. The system allows us to deliver emergency messages to you via phone call to your landline or mobile device and through text and email. You will know you have received a CodeRED alert when the number 866-419-5000 appears on your caller ID. If you missed any message details, you can always dial the toll-free number back, as many times as needed.Did you know that it is free to sign up your cell phone for CodeRED?
It is also very important to do, because if your contact information is not in the database, or if you do not have a landline phone in your home, then you will not receive alerts if an emergency were in your area.
Our alert system utilizes telephone numbers that are landline based. If you do not have a land line telephone, you will not receive a notification. By registering your cell phone, the mapping program will geographically code your cell phone to the address of your residence, or work location. You will be able to tell the mapping system where you want your cell phone to be tied to.
Visit this LINK to register your phone number(s) and/or email address.
CodeRED Quick Facts
- The system is geographically based, alerting only residents in the affected area.
- Citizens may select how they would like to receive alerts: phone call, text, and/or email
- Emergency Alerts are issued by Weber County or your City.
- Alerts are sent to your land line phone numbers. If you want to also receive alerts on your cell phone(s) you must register your cell phone(s) in order to receive the alerts.
- Registering for CodeRED is free and simple.
- There is CodeRED Mobile Alert app that you can download on your smartphone for free from the app store or google play.